JD Spicer & Co Solicitors in London can assist you with wide range of divorce and separation issues. Whether you are looking for legal representation and advice for an impending divorce or a judicial separation, our divorce solicitors can help.
Our divorce solicitors in London are members of Resolution – this is a body of specialist family practitioners. Our divorce law solicitors assist individuals in variety of cases across London and beyond.
Our divorce lawyers can petition for divorce or respond to a divorce on your behalf. There is one ground for divorce: that the marriage has broken down irretrievably. One of the following facts has to be proven before a court can grant a divorce:
- The adultery of the other spouse
- The unreasonable behaviour of the other spouse
- Two years’ desertion
- The couple has lived apart for two years and the other spouse consents to divorce
- The couple has lived apart for five years (no consent needed)
Our family lawyers can also assist with financial proceedings, or proceedings about children, which run separately to divorce proceedings. Our divorce solicitors can assist you with an application for any financial provision, including the following:
- Maintenance order
- A lump sum payment
- An adjustment of an interest in a property
- Pensions and other assets owned solely or jointly